The San Diego County Water Authority recently changed the program in several ways:
▪ On 1/1/2021, TSAWR became the Permanent Special Agricultural Water Rate (PSAWR) Program;
▪ PSAWR is open to new qualified participants;
▪ There is no minimum amount of land dedicated to agricultural purposes to qualify for the new PSAWR Program; and
▪ By June 30, 2021 all previous TSAWR customers receiving the PSAWR Program rate must be in one of five different eligibility programs.
▪ County of San Diego Department of Agriculture Programs:
1. San Diego Growers List – Pesticide Use
2. Active Certified Producers Certificate – County of San Diego
3. Organic Producers – United States Department of Agriculture
▪ San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board General Agricultural Order Enrollment Programs:
4. San Diego County Farm Bureau Irrigated Lands Group
5. NEW – Frog Environmental Irrigated Lands Group
Click on the links at the bottom of this page for Eligibility Program Information, Enrollment Instructions, and a PSAWR Enrollment Form.
What Happens Now
If you were a TSAWR customer as of December 31, 2020, you were automatically transferred to the PSAWR Program on January 1, 2021 and can remain in the new program through June 30, 2021. However, to stay in the new program past June 30, 2021 and receive the PSAWR Program rate differential (currently $545.00/AF; $1.25/HCF Unit) and you must apply by June 1, 2021 and be enrolled in the new program by June 30, 2021.
▪ If you are in the TSAWR Program and on one of the eligibility lists, how to apply to continue in the PSAWR Program beyond June 30, 2021, by completing and submitting the PSAWR Enrollment Form (see link to application below).
▪ If you are a current TSAWR participant but not on one of the eligibility lists shown above, you must either register in one of eligibility programs and complete the PSAWR Enrollment Form or be dropped off the program as of June 30, 2021 (see link for Eligibility Program Enrollment Instructions and PSAWR Enrollment Form below).
REMINDER – If you are currently a qualifying TSAWR customer you will be retained in the program through to June 30, 2021; however, you must complete the PSAWR Enrollment Form and meet the new qualifications by June 1, 2021 to stay in the PSAWR Program beyond June 30, 2021.
VCMWD will be working hard to make the transition from the TSAWR to the PSAWR Program as smooth as possible.
Instructions to Enroll in the PSAWR Program
PSAWR Enrollment Form